If you have a question that doesn’t already have a post dedicated to it, feel free to ask it here; in this thread, everything is considered “on-topic.” It’ll also give me some good information as to what sort of posts I need to concentrate on next. :)
I’m going to be referring to this disclaimer a lot. If you ever see a post on this site that doesn’t refer you here, it’s almost certainly safe to assume that the omission is due to an oversight on my part, and that this disclaimer applies:
I am in no way empowered to speak on behalf of the City of Cottage Grove, the Cottage Grove City Council, the League of Oregon Cities, or any other entity or group; I speak only for myself. I am also not an attorney, and nothing I say should be taken to constitute legal advice. As a human, I’m subject to bias, to preconception, and to error. This means that all of my pronouncements should be treated with a healthy dose of skepticism and weighed carefully against known facts. If you spot a factual error in anything I have said or written, please let me know about it so that I can make a correction.
If you have questions, comments, or ideas for how to make Cottage Grove a better place, please don’t hesitate to:
- Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call me on my cell phone at 541-653-7413.
- Mail me an old-fashioned letter (it doesn’t necessarily have to be sealed with a kiss; after all, it’s the thought that counts) by addressing it to 823 Birch Avenue, Cottage Grove, OR 97424.
I hope to hear from you soon!
Comments are activated on this site, and I encourage you to ask any questions you may have. Remember, though, that my Standard Disclaimer always applies. In order to keep this site useful and not scare-off-the-newbies mean, I’ve got a few rules to impose:
- Stay on-topic. You don’t have to agree with me or anyone else, and a little bit of thread-drift is going to happen, but please refrain from leaping into a thread about, say, abandoned shopping carts on the bike trail with a rant about the Armory. If you want to talk about something that doesn’t have a post that seems appropriate, click here and let me know.
- Be civil. Ad hominem or personal attacks, unnecessary profanity, and aggressive behavior are not going to be treated well here (though you’ll generally get more leeway for attacks against me than you’ll get for attacks against other commenters… I’m the one doing most of the speechifying, after all, and I’ve got a pretty thick skin). If you’re just here to pick fights, though, don’t bother.
- Tell the truth. Being honestly mistaken is one thing; being wrong on purpose is another. If you want to spread misleading or false information, please return to Facebook. ;)
- No spam. You know what this means; I know what this means; everybody else knows what this means. I’ll enforce this one without warning or mercy.
I’m also the guy who decides which comments violate the comment policy, so while I prefer to issue gentle warnings, I can choose to be all tin-pot dictatorial about it if I get the whim (remember, this is my personal site, not something authorized or sponsored by the City of Cottage Grove, so I’ll just laugh and villainously twirl my mustache at the standard First Amendment-based arguments). Still, I intend to be pretty darned laissez-faire about the whole thing, as long as it’s not abused too badly.
Now, go forth and comment!